Business at Modulus Data is booming. More companies are relying on automation to streamline HR processes and require Modulus Data’s data integration connectors. We’re seeking collaborative, proactive and problem-solving QA Specialist to join our R&D all-star team working on our Flexspring suite of web apps and services. Flexspring is Modulus Data’s very own cloud-based iPaaS (Integration platform as a service).
Do you love to work in an environment where you have the opportunity to:
I. Solve problems
II. Learn to use cutting edge technology
III. Collaborate with a young, motivated and diverse team
IV. Design and develop solutions in a fast-paced environment with satisfying outcomes
We hope you answered “YES” to the above.
By answering “Yes” you have just unlocked your potential and future with Modulus Data. Being a QA specialist with Modulus Data will allow you to be behind the scene contributing to the development of the cutting edge tools and services our partners and customers use to build, test, deploy and run connectors that integrate data between systems.
What you will do in this role?
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback;
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Design, implement, run and analyze results of test suites for the full gamut of tests types: functional, integration, security, system, stress, load and robustness tests;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts and programs using open source tools;
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs;
- Perform thorough fix validation and verification when bugs are resolved;
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs;
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements;
- Monitor debugging process results;
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and help colleagues to implement fixes and solutions;
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts;
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Essential Skills and Experience
- B.Sc. or College degree in software engineering or computer science;
- Good knowledge and experience of automated testing tools and frameworks such as JUnit, RestAssured, Selenium, Cypress etc.;
- Familiar with automated software quality assessment tools such as SonarQube;
- Autonomous with excellent self-learning skills;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing;
- Solid knowledge of query (SQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch etc) and scripting languages;
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process;
- Experience working with defect tracking systems such as Jira;
- Self-motivated, with initiative and enthusiasm, willing to work hard within a remote team;
- Experience working by goals and objectives in an autonomous mode;
- Good communication skills and remote teamwork experience;
- Strong problem-solving skills, both technical and business;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to think “outside-the box”;
- Self-aware, motivated, coachable, ability to collaborate with all team members.
Nice to have
- Software development experience with Java, Groovy, REST API, SOAP Web Service, Graph QL;
- Experience with performance and/or security testing;
- Experience with load, robustness and system testing tools and procedures;
- Experience with HR/Financial data integrations.
WHY work for Modulus Data
- Working with the most cutting edge technology in the field of data integration.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
About Modulus Data
Modulus Data is the leading expert in data integration for HR applications. Any company that wants to save time and money by streamlining their HR processes to avoid manual double-data entry between HR apps, benefits from Modulus Data’s services. To maximize value for clients, Modulus Data focuses exclusively on integrating HR applications.
For more information about Modulus Data, visit: https://www.modulusdata.com.
Modulus Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Modulus Data is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Modulus Data are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Modulus Data does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Modulus Data encourages applicants of all ages.